Tuesday, February 5, 2013

JJ's Speech Contest

Each class from Merritt Elementary in 1st grade to 6th grade had 2 kids each that were selected to go to Arapaho for the Speech Contest.  JJ got to go!  He did a great job! We found him this cute poem!! He memorized it in no time flat!  He received a score of a 1+    That's the best score you can get!  

Playin' Cowboy

I love to be a cowboy
and ride my horse around the room.
He's black and white and he won't bite
(he's really Mommy's broom) .

I shoot my guns at bad guys
when I ride down the trail.
(they're really just my dog and cat
and my closet is the jail) .

I ride and rope wild horses, too,
and bring them to my camp
(it's really just the 'lectric cord)
...uh oh, I broke a lamp!

Oops! Here comes the Sheriff
and it looks like he is mad!
I'd better clean this mess up!
('cause the Sheriff's really Dad) . 

Just before he said his poem!


All of Merritt First Grade at the Speech Contest.

1+  is the highest score you can get!  Good job, JJ.  You too Tanner! 
Way to go!!

Papa Jerry rode up with me!

His buddy Tanner!








1 comment:

  1. Wow JJ! Way to go...a 1+. You can't do any better than that. You were so cute when you recited it to us on the phone, we knew you would do good today! We're glad that Tanner did good too! What a fun, special day. We're glad that PaPa Jerry got to hear you do it too! We love you!!

    ReplyDelete